Updated May 20, 2020
Building closure extended to September 1
As this pandemic continues to affect our community and our world, and with the least among us particularly in mind, the Central Square Congregational Church building, at the recommendation of the Southern New England Conference, the CSCC Board of Deacons, and the CSCC Cabinet, has extended its closure until at least September 1.
* Visit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaVPnTcXn2rQTL578GbSgcg to view upcoming and past worship services.
* Sunday Worship will continued to be livestreamed from the Sanctuary at 10 a.m. Only the Pastor, the Minister of Music, and the Director of Video Evangelism will be allowed in the building.
ONLINE PRAYER FOR ALL AGES
* Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at noon, visit our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/csccuccbridgewaterma/ - to engage in a live, interactive prayer session led by Rev. Beth.
• Most building users are still prohibited from using the building. The Bridgewater Food Pantry, with procedures put in place to protect its visitors and staff, is an exception and will continue to provide food to our community in need. We are also working with the addiction support groups to possibly begin meeting again in our building. Their requirements would be specific and strictly enforced. They would include things like social distancing, the wearing of masks, prohibition from using the kitchen and from using tables, and using only one of the bathrooms. Proper sanitizing would be done between each group meeting.
• Even if you have a key to the building, please do not enter the building during this time. Each one of us that enters is a potential carrier, even if we’re not feeling sick. If you are tempted to say, "well, I'm sure that doesn't mean me.", IT DOES. If you have any questions or think that you should enter the building for any reason, call the church office at 508-697-6016 (phone is being answered remotely during the shutdown).
CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITY
For any prayer requests or emotional support, or if you need a mask or a meal, or even just to chat, please email our Care Team and Deacons at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rev. Beth directly at email@example.com.
GIFTS, TITHES, AND OFFERINGS
During this time, we encourage you to continue your support of CSCC, to the degree you are able. We know this may be a trying time for you financially as well as emotionally, so please know that we understand if you are not able to meet your usual giving goals. But for those who can, remember the church has ongoing expenses that don't care that everything is shut down. And we are trying to do right by our staff as much as possible, even though our primary income mechanism is unavailable (Sunday offerings).
Offerings can be made in any of the following ways:
* Checks can be mailed to the church at 71 Central Square, Bridgewater, MA 02324.
* Bill-pay through your bank can be set up for one-time or recurring payments
* Payments can be made by CLICKING HERE. It is facilitated by Paypal, but no Paypal account is needed.
If you have any questions, you can email the Treasurer directly and confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPORTING CSCC FINANCIALLY WITHOUT SPENDING ANYTHING EXTRA
In these difficult times, you may find it’s often hard to feel like you can support yourself, not to mention supporting the church and all of the outreach it continues to do. Also remember that, at least so far, the church has been able to continue paying its staff so that they can continue to put food on their tables and keep a roof over their heads.
At the same time, because of COVID-19, you may be ordering more online these days, and one of the easiest ways we help support our church is to place your normal Amazon orders, with "Amazon Smile" instead. It works exactly like a regular Amazon order (and IS an Amazon order), and you pay the exact same amount, except that 0.5% of the purchase goes to a charity.
Just go to smile.amazon.com instead of amazon.com, and make sure you select Central Square Congregational Church as your charity of choice. You can use it for all of your business purchases as well as personal ones -- a purchase is a purchase. So whether it's printer paper, a new computer headset, pantry food items, cat litter, or a new puzzle, help the church pay its bills and continue its outreach at the same time as getting what you need. It may not be enough to put a new roof on the building, but it can probably help pay for extra sanitizer when we all can get back to worship in the church in the Fall.
And tell your family and friends near and far! Everyone can do it! Thank you. (Contact the church office if you need help setting this up or using it.)
Yours In Christ,
Rev. Beth Stotts, Pastor
Anne Malmquist, Moderator
Diane Sheibley, Vice Moderator
David Sheibley, Treasurer
Ed Buckland, Board of Trustees
Deb Sorgman, Board of Deacons