Updated May 20, 2020
In order that we, like Jesus, might care for the most vulnerable in our community, the leadership of Central Square Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, with the guidance of the Southern New England Conference, has decided to close the doors to our building temporarily, that we might do our part to lessen the advance of COVID-19.
What does this mean? Now through September 1 at least, we will offer worship exclusively online. Throughout this period, and at the end of it, we will be reassessing the situation, and making any further scheduling adjustments as soon as it is practical.
* Visit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaVPnTcXn2rQTL578GbSgcg
to view upcoming and past worship services
* Sunday Worship will be livestreamed from the Sanctuary at 10 a.m. Only the Pastor, the Minister of Music, and the Director of Video Evangelism will be allowed in the building.
ONLINE PRAYER FOR ALL AGES
* Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at noon, visit our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/csccuccbridgewaterma/ - to engage in a live, interactive prayer session led by Rev. Beth.
* All building users can no longer meet at Central Square Church until the precautionary closure is lifted, with only a small number of exceptions. Our cleaning staff is busy disinfecting all surfaces, knobs, switches, etc.
* Even if you have a key to the building, please do not enter the building during this time. Each one of us that enters is a potential carrier, even if we're not feeling sick. If you are tempted to say, "well, I'm sure that doesn't mean me.", it does. If you have any questions or think that you should enter the building for any reason, call the church office at 508-697-6016 (phone is being answered remotely during the shutdown).
GIFTS, TITHES, AND OFFERINGS
During this time, we encourage you to continue your support of CSCC, to the degree you are able. We know this may be a trying time for you financially as well as emotionally, so please know that we understand if you are not able to meet your usual giving goals. But for those who can, remember the church has ongoing expenses that don't care that everything is shut down. And we are trying to do right by our staff as much as possible, even though our primary income mechanism is unavailable (Sunday offerings).
Offerings can be made in any of the following ways:
* Checks can be mailed to the church
* Bill-pay through your bank can be set up for one-time or recurring payments
* Payments can be made via Paypal at the top of our website home page (the "For CSCC" donate button)
If you have any questions, you can email the Treasurer directly and confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITY
For any prayer requests, emotional support, or other assistance you may need during these times, please email our Care Team and Deacons at email@example.com or Rev. Beth directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yours In Christ,
Rev. Beth Stotts, Pastor
Anne Malmquist, Moderator
Diane Sheibley, Vice Moderator
David Sheibley, Treasurer
Ed Buckland, Board of Trustees
Deb Sorgman, Board of Deacons