Hello Kids Church Community!
Can you believe that Kids Church started September 10?! I'm really excited at all we have planned! This year is going to look a little different in that we’re going to try to introduce a couple of new things. We're going to have a Kids Church altar, more inclusion of music, and hopefully a lot more from ideas generated by the youth of our church. We're going to be using the Spark curriculum, which is a progressive Christian curriculum, combined with our usual Heifer and Advent programming to teach the stories of the Bible as well as Jesus' teachings.
Our weekly schedule will loosely run like this:
- Youth gather in the Kid's Church room and settle in.
- Share in creating our worship space together. Youth are invited to bring things from home to place on the altar OR chooses one of the preexisting items from the basket OR writes words/draws pictures on a paper that represent their life.
- A volunteer youth leads us in prayer either in their own words or from the prayer box.
- Check-in: highs and lows and snack
- Break out into groups / work on the lesson for the day
- Cleanup / collect personal items from altar
The Kids Church Experience is vital for helping children and youth understand not only what it means to be a person of faith, but a member of our community. Fostering the youth of our church in an inclusive and biblical story-based environment is vital in their spiritual development.
I’m looking forward to another great year! See you on Sunday!
Your Kids Church Director,